Lighthouse Canton Asset Management
Our goal is to offer a diversified array of strategies which deliver consistently strong risk-adjusted returns across different market cycles.
We place a lot of importance on selecting the right strategies – those that can be trusted by our clients to provide strong risk-adjusted returns that can stand the test of time through multiple market cycles.
With that in mind, we are diligent in our research on the market and industry trends. The managers we partner with are highly experienced with over a decade of investment experience each and have a clearly articulated strategy, disciplined approach to investment, strong risk management and most importantly, an investment philosophy that aligns with ours.
Strong Supporting Framework
Our fund managers are empowered by a robust infrastructure that includes competent Operations and Compliance teams, high quality trading facilities and connectivity to top tier counterparties.
We implement stringent corporate governance standards and risk management processes to ensure that client interests are protected. We ensure alignment of interests between Investors, Portfolio Managers and Principals of our firm through personal capital investment and design of fee structures.
Average Investment Team Experience:
SageOne India Growth Fund
India dedicated Long-Only Equities Fund
An open-ended Fund that offers an investment opportunity to a thriving emerging economy through businesses poised for strong, long-term growth.
- Invests in companies with high structural growth, high profitability and quality management.
- Focuses primarily on small & mid-cap companies listed on the Indian exchanges, with majority of the portfolio in the US$250mn to US$4bn market cap range.
- Holds a high conviction portfolio of between 12-20 high growth stocks across multiple sectors.
- Implements a Buy & Hold discipline based on a multi-year view, with a low turnover.
- Advised by a reputed India-based advisory team led by a seasoned Portfolio Manager in India with a proven 10-year track record.
LC Beacon Global Fund
Global Macro Fund
An open-ended Fund that aims to offer steady returns with minimal downside primarily through its arbitrage and relative value strategies.
- Implements a dual-strategy approach through its:
- Treasury Book: Active Treasury Management Solution (ATMS) to generate steady accrual & arbitrage income.
- Trading Book: Income generated from the Treasury Book used as risk capital for traditional macro strategies.
- Is suitable for capital preservation due to its low volatility and limited downside risk.
- Has a low correlation to equity and bond market.
- Managed by an experienced team with over 30 years of combined experience in fixed income & currency markets in global investment banks where they held market making and proprietary trading roles.
LCM Global Growth Fund
Global Absolute Return Equity Fund
An open-ended Fund that aims to effectively capture long-term growth trajectory of quality companies globally.
- Is fundamentally driven with a bottom-up approach to investing in global equities.
- Invests in companies with strong profitability & fast asset growth supported by quality management, primarily in the mid & large cap companies. A majority of the companies in the portfolio have a minimum market cap of US$1bn.
- Holds a diverse portfolio of about 50 high growth stocks across multiple sectors and regions.
- Strategically shorts a select number of highly liquid, large cap stocks with the potential to add alpha, while minimizing downside risks.
- Advised by an experienced US based investment advisor whose Portfolio Manager has over 20 years investment experience with a strong track record in reputable asset management firms.
LC Income Strategies Fund
Global Multi-Asset Income Fund
An open-ended Fund that aims to achieve equity like returns with fixed income like certainty.
- Earns two streams of uncorrelated income through equity options and bonds.
- Equity Options Strategy : Earns income from shorting Put options on stocks which offer a good combination of quality and value, whilst fully hedging market risks by buying Put options on the broader country/sector indices.
- Bond Strategy : Generates yield from a diversified basked of short-date investment grade bonds.
LCV Trade Finance Fund
Singapore-Focused Trade Finance Fund
An open-ended Fund that offers an effective alternative to fixed income.
- Invests in trade finance facilities in association with Validus Group, a Temasek investee company, who generate these facilities.
- Finances Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) customarily supplying to Singapore-based Government-Linked Entities (GLEs) and good quality corporates.
- Has a low credit risk due to short duration lending cycles averaging around 90 days.
- Covered by insurance on 80% of the underlying portfolio loans with up to 90% capital protection.
- Offers both SGD and hedged USD share class.
LC Core Opportunities Fund I & II
Real Estate Private Equity Fund
A closed-ended Real Estate Private Equity Fund that offers unique access to a leading Life Sciences & Pharma focused facilities in Genome Valley, Hyderabad with attractive yield and IRR potential.
- Acquired the assets at attractive discount to market value resulting in double digit rental yield from stable long-term tenants.
- Holds stable, attractive and rising yield assets with high potential IRRs.
- Has low vacancy risks through long term leases to marquee global Multinational Corporations and large domestic Pharma companies with an escalation clause.
- Has low sensitivity to economic cycles and high predictability of cash flows.